New from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bukshot

Reaction score
hey everyone. my name is tony and i have a 1998 c1500. its a southern truck, i picked it up when i lived in WV and the only rust it has at all is a very small patch on the front, drivers side fender. i plowed a deer doing about 75 on day, and had to find new parts for it, so the hood and fenders dont line up, and the front bumper is a little out of line. i really dont think it will take too much work to get that straight. i have a few other small problems but nothing that im afraid to get into. i plan to lower it and go flat black with the paint once i get the body straight. would like some 18" chrome rims and keep the grille chrome, but everything else will be blacked out. im still deciding if i want to keep the bumper i have now or go with a rolled bumper to keep it cleaner looking. anyways, ill be starting a build thread, but it will be going slow for sure. i dont have a lot of cash so it will take a lot of time, lol. here are some pics of the starter project.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
:welcome: that's a fairly clean truck to come out of this state :lol:

What part of wv did you live in?

Bukshot

Reaction score
i was living in Saint Albans, got it right down the road from where i was living. When i wrecked it, i had to replace the hood, core support, radiator, water pump, headlights, blinkers, pretty much everything except bumper and fenders. anyways, i found some old guy about 45 minutes from me, on the other side of charleston that had a hood and core support. i went out there and told him what happened and he threw them headlights in for free. he was an awesome old guy, i spent almost 3 hours there talking to him about random stuff, lol. anyways, ive never seen anyone else put them headlights on em. i really dont get why, i think it looks awesome too. thanks for the reply :)

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I have the quad beam lights on mine, and love them. A handful of guys have swapped to them on the newer trucks with the 94+ grill. The biggest drawback is the lack of upgrades for them because they aren't exactly the brightest in stock form. It's either stock replacemnt lamps or lmc sells conversion housings to allow the use of hids and other upgraded bulbs. I like the "nostalgic" look they give a truck. I plan on getting the lmc housings and hids.

I've spent some time in saint albans, never lived there though. I'm from beckley if ya know where that's at.

I like the square body rally wheels. Some beauty rings and center caps would really set them off nicely.

Bukshot

Reaction score
i like the wheels too, but my plans dont really have them in it. i think im gonna give them to my buddy or sell them to him cheap to fund my new rims/tires. him and i are gonna try to mod ours at the same time so that we can cruise together. i have no problems with my lights. they are bright as i could ever need. honestly i dont think ive had a vehicle with brighter hi beams than this. yea, im familiar with beckley, i went down there and stayed a night in a hotel once. had a little catching up to do with a "friend" of mine ;). i still head down to WV on occasion, ive got my mom and sister down there that i go visit every few months unless they come up here.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:welcome: from mass nice looking truck love the ecsb look should be a fun truck for you looking forward to the build thread

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan. Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk