New from MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Joined a little while ago but with things going on haven't had much time to post anything up so doing it now. Not new to the car and truck forums, on several. Picked up my 94 K2500HD last year for a really good price after I blew up the trans in my lifted Dakota. Wanted an extended and full size truck anyways and this gave me the green lift with the wife to pick it up. Have always been on and off with trucks over the years and had lifted S10s and Blazers years ago, and ended up giving up years ago on the last project because of time. Now I need a truck for towing was just a pop up until this year when I picked up a 30 ft Travel Trailer, so good thing I picked up the bigger truck but now some items are starting to appear why I got such a good deal on the truck and getting them figured out one at a time it seems. It looks like the truck sat a while and the guys I picked it up from are in the yard/look for junk salvage business and probably picked it up sitting and fixed what they had to, to sell it. Truck sat most of the first year just a couple of trips with the pop-up but getting more run time now that both daughters are in college and can only afford to keep so many cars on the road so wife is driving it more now to work, as my work is 100+ miles round trip. Also have a couple of XR4Tis that I have put a lot of money into and now trying to get down to just one and keep the best parts off and what is extra start selling off to put into teh truck and put the XR4Ti project on hold for a while while I get some work done on the truck. Will try to get some pics up soon. As I'm trying to work on a game plan right now for the restore/buildup, so will be asking some questions and advice/opnions on some items. And I really do prefer the OBS over the newer style.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome.

Brother in law had an XR4ti years ago. Pretty quick but expensive to fix, for him. Dumbass didn't know a hammer from a wrench.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome.

Brother in law had an XR4ti years ago. Pretty quick but expensive to fix, for him. Dumbass didn't know a hammer from a wrench.
Mine are all modifed, with european Sierra Cosworth body parts, and of course motors are highly modified big intercoolers actually bigger than the radiator and one has a lot bigger turbo. Was trying to drive the one as a DD until clutch issues. It was nice driving a 11second car that got an average of 24 mpg.

BTW since it doesn't look like I posted this up. Truck has a 350, 4l80e, and 12 bolt rearend. It is a 4x4 and sits on 33/12.5/16.5 looks like I can go bigger, believe there is no lift on it. Thinking about 35s but not sure since it is used mostly for towing the travel trailer.