new from georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlytle

Reaction score
Hello all ya'll
I'm from a little town called Hoschton. I bought my 91 k1500 a few years ago with intentions of starting on it then but life got in the way so I’m getting started now. The truck is in better shape than some but still has its share of problems i need to address. My local mechanic took a look at it and said that the motor needs replacing because the injector clip is not staying together and the steering is about shot. Since this is not a dd I’m going to focus on getting the motor in better shape. I got lucky 6 months after buying the truck. The throttle cable went out so i took it to my usual mechanic to have it replaced. Well they didn’t adjust the cables correctly so before i could even make it home BOOM lost 2nd gear. I limped back up there had a few words with the owner and manager. Ended up settling on 500.00 for a new trans installed. Well i feel ive rambled enuff for now so on to some pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

loaded full of dirt

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks for looking, hope to get to know some of yall

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
:welcome:

Could you elaborate more on the injector clip? I'm not understanding why the motor needs replaced because of it....

dlytle

Reaction score
I don’t see why it needs replaced either. I’m no mechanic but from what i can tell i should just be able to replace the injectors or maybe the tbi. I’m not exactly sure. In the email it says engine harness { I’m not 100% sure I’m looking at the right thing} but in person he said the wires that go into the left injector. When i look at the injectors the left clip is broken so I’m thinking that is what he means. I think they said that because they just didn’t want to mess with it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Welcome! And please don't let them replace the motor because of a broken injector clip. Rob one from the junkyard for $1 and splice it in. Voila.

dlytle

Reaction score
Thanks for the complement i absolutely love this truck. My wife know i won’t leave her for another woman but don’t mess with my truck! I am an electrician and have never really worked on anything that runs on gas. So i am taking this opportunity to learn how to do the maintenance and mods myself. There are pull a parts all around here so we are going to start hitting them up.
Just to clarify is the engine harness is the wires going to the injectors?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Welcome! nice truck!

And someone said to replace the motor....instead of replacing the wiring ...? Dude... Haha. Looks like I have to replace my motor too, then. The wire is showing on my passenger injector :lol::lol::lol: