New Engine Soon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I have a 97 Tahoe. 4dr 4x4. Its got a 350 in it and it's at 196K. It runs fine, no tapping, no knocking, etc. The engine will go up soon because I'll be taking it offroad and beating it. I don't want a new engine, but I might need one soon and I wanna be prepared. I've heard a LOT about the 383 Stroker. Anyone have any reccomendations?? I'm only 16, so I'm not trying to spend a fortune.

Please and Thanks!

~ Jesse

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Okay, I have a 97 Tahoe. 4dr 4x4. Its got a 350 in it and it's at 196K. It runs fine, no tapping, no knocking, etc. The engine will go up soon because I'll be taking it offroad and beating it. I don't want a new engine, but I might need one soon and I wanna be prepared. I've heard a LOT about the 383 Stroker. Anyone have any reccomendations?? I'm only 16, so I'm not trying to spend a fortune.

Please and Thanks!

~ Jesse

Honestly, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Maintain that 350 and it will run forever.