New Engine for 90 Silverado C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigCope923

Reaction score
its gonna cost a pretty penny then, crate engine not all hoped up is gonna run you 2-3 grand plus what they want to put it in.

The local dealership quoted me $2400 for a crate engine.

My mechanic is saying that by rebuilding the top of the engine may cause more pressure on the bottom of the engine and cause it to burn oil.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local dealership quoted me $2400 for a crate engine.

My mechanic is saying that by rebuilding the top of the engine may cause more pressure on the bottom of the engine and cause it to burn oil.
hey im not a certified mechanic but I also don't want your money hahaha that's 2400 for the engine alone then hell want what ever he wants to take your engine out swap what needs to be swapped and put the new one in. Its not really about the burning oil thing its about how long the crank and rod bearings will last new head gaskets aren't going to put more pressure on the bottom end hes smoking crack!

steve3327

Reaction score
I'm in Canada that's the thing. Our dollar is worth like 70 cents us so it's not worth it to buy a crate engine for me. We get screwed so bad up here so expensive. $80/hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post up the area you live in.... might be a few members by ypu that could help... I've met some great friends that way... having a wrench -a-thon party and supply some pizza and some age appropriate refreshments in appreciation...

Head gaskets ate actually easy to do just a little time consuming... only real specialty tool needed is a foot pounds torque wrench... rest is all regular hand tools...

sent from what use to be a great nation...

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Canada that's the thing. Our dollar is worth like 70 cents us so it's not worth it to buy a crate engine for me. We get screwed so bad up here so expensive. $80/hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im in Canada aswell Calgary AB theirs theirs a few local shops that can get crate motors for great prices all depends on what you want for cubic inch and HP.

BigCope923

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Jasper motors?

I got another quote from a local dealership and it was $2100 for a brand new engine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk