New Crate Vortec L31 into 94' Sierra 4X4. Any tips for the newbie???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't think I had ever heard of any of those issues. I thought all of the tbi stuff just bolted right up.

Old Gasser

Reaction score
Hi Fellas! I have been doing some( actually, a **** TON!) of homework and head scratching on my original idea, and situation. I didn't want to put an engine in my old pickup that was worth more than the truck! lol

I want to thank all of you for your input! It's a huge help!!!

Now, here is what I have done:
You must be registered for see images

Well, I dunno if the pic came thru, but I bought a 99' Vortec from a Tahoe. So, I still plan to change the cam, have the TBI upgraded, and get a tune for it. I need the EGR, so...I'm back to that expensive intake situation it looks like. But if that makes things work, so be it.

I have been scouring cam specs non-stop since i logged in last. For my intended usage( hauling junk, pulling a car trailer once in a while), and hopefully make life easier as far as the rest of the valvetrain goes, I'm liking the 395 Marine cam quite abit. My rig only sees 4000 rpm when I am trying to get my GD clutch fan to disengage! I have that issue covered, by the way.

So, if anybody has any more ideas, I welcome them all. I will not get involved in trying to burn chips and such, soooo....any info on aftermarket products and tuners would be a big help.

Thanks guys, looking forward to hearing from you.