New 2 door Tahoe owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97-2DR-HOE

Reaction score
Hey guys my names Cory I recently purchased a 2 door Tahoe and I’m now currently in the process of bagging it.
But to bring you guys up to speed I purchased the truck a month ago today and did not see that the frame was actually bend and can not be fixed so I pulled the body off the frame and got a suburban chassis and it is ready to be shortened for the 2 door. I found this forum when I was trying to find anyone that has actually put a step notch in but have not had any luck. So if you guys know anyone that has notched a 2 door to lay frame and can post pictures of it that would be really helpful. Thank

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys my names Cory I recently purchased a 2 door Tahoe and I’m now currently in the process of bagging it.
But to bring you guys up to speed I purchased the truck a month ago today and did not see that the frame was actually bend and can not be fixed so I pulled the body off the frame and got a suburban chassis and it is ready to be shortened for the 2 door. I found this forum when I was trying to find anyone that has actually put a step notch in but have not had any luck. So if you guys know anyone that has notched a 2 door to lay frame and can post pictures of it that would be really helpful. Thank

Welcome to the forum.. that's interesting cutting a burb for a 2door tahoe lol. Never heard of that but sounds cool

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sub'd. From what I understand the gas tank is a problem, and you'll have to cut the floor up for the notch.