Need your thoughts guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
first link don't work but aint that the truck you just body lifted? why do this stuff then sell right away or trade if you need the cash? Just interested in swapping?

just really interested in swaping for something newer or bigger i need a 3/4 ton truck or a 5.3 or 350

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Do what you want, just remember Diesel = big $$$$ to fix. The injectors, injetor pump, and turbo are some of the big ticket items. Just tring to keep you informed there Jake.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Do what you want, just remember Diesel = big $$$$ to fix. The injectors, injetor pump, and turbo are some of the big ticket items. Just tring to keep you informed there Jake.

This is very true!!!!! Im learning this lesson the hard way....i recently found out that the local junk yard has a stash of 6.5 Turbo parts..needless to say im gonna be raiding that!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score

yeah i cant make up my mind there expensive to fix... also iirc they arnt really a power house when it comes to towing right? i really need something to be able to tow my mud truck or tow junk and have plenty of nut to be able to tow it and the 305 dont have it

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
The diesel has the power if it's been taken care of and is in good condition, but if not 217k is about time to star thinking about injectors and pump.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
yeah i cant make up my mind there expensive to fix... also iirc they arnt really a power house when it comes to towing right? i really need something to be able to tow my mud truck or tow junk and have plenty of nut to be able to tow it and the 305 dont have it

It will have plenty more power then the 305. My previous GMT400 was a C1500 with a 305 in it and my Diesel K1500 has a lot more grunt then it. There are a few ways to wake up the engine as well. I have a couple of them listed in my sig. Sure they dont have the power of say a Cummins or a Duramax but they have plenty enough for your tasks. The earlier models like mine have 360 ft lbs and the later ones have 440 ft lbs. What you need to find out is if it has an S code or an F code engine. Pretty quick way to find that one out. The S code has an EGR valve on the top of the upper intake and the F code doesnt have it.