Need to remove NP241C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abellmichael

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So im working on removing an np241c from my 1995 Cheyenne to get rebuilt. My rear drive shaft does not want to come out even with the 4 bolts and 2 reatiners off of the universal, is there any step by step process thread on here for taking these out? Let me know any help really would be appreciated.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Is it not coming out of the pinion yoke? If so try prying the 'U" joint cap out of the yoke.

Abellmichael

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 4 foot prybar on it last ween slipped in between the u joint and the pinion it didnt budge.

Abellmichael

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tomorrow im back in the house for the night. If i spend too much time out there the wife might make me stay out there and its cold in Kentucky tonight

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
I will tomorrow im back in the house for the night. If i spend too much time out there the wife might make me stay out there and its cold in Kentucky tonight
It does not really get cold in Kentucky. It was 18 degrees at hunting camp this morning. Check back in about 5 weeks and we can compare temps. :gr_grin:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's probly just done corrosion holding it in. Get your pry bar under the X between pinion nut and a couple whacks with a dead blow and away it goes.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
You need to be careful beating on the pinion yoke, the pinion shaft is not hardened and is easily bent with improper procedures.