Need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for new tires and not what to do for size.
I have a six inch lift and a 5.7 with 373 gears...running 33 1250s now and I have plenty of power.

Would I be alright to move up to a 35?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say that bumping up to a 35" tire with 3.73, depending on the brand, you are going to notice a loss of power. Personally I would say just to save up for gears, do a gear swap, and then run the 35's. Also what brand lift are you running? Keep in mind also that if you have your front end cranked quite a bit, bumping up to a 35" tire is going to increase strain on the front end because of the added size/weight!

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 6inch rough country lift and just looking for whats gonna be the best decision for some new treds.

Whats a rough idea of the cost of a gear swap?

Might just stick with some new 33s and wait til those wear out and move up to some 37s down the road with a bl and gears.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get a set of 35x1250s for a screaming deal....would it be that much of a considerable loss of power if i went from the 325/60/18s to a 35?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I have run 35s and 3:73s in 2 different trucks and one of them had the 5.7, it is doable but don't expect to be outrunning the prius next to you. It is also going to put added stress on your trans but I have put 20k+ miles on this setup and never had an issue.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just trying to decide what's best

I mean when i step on it with my current setup i can spin the tires no prob...not that i do but i know the truck can and has the power...i just don't have any experience with regearing or going to bigger tires.

Will there be a huge loss in power ?

Im planning on regearing down the road but i just don't want to be stuck with 33s for another 2 or 3 years when i really wanna have 35s(plus Get a really good deal on them)

Last edited:

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Just get 35s and leave the gears in for however long until you regear....if you even want to. I have 3.42 in my truck right now on 35s and its not horrible to drive. It will still get up and go

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys
Orderin em pretty soon
Ill be rocking the 35s in a couple weeks.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had noticed a larger loss going with the 35" tires then when I had 3.73 gears. It makes OD useless unless out on the highway. Yes it would still pull itself easily but it for everyday driving and offroad use the 4.56 are a huge gain! I could only stand the 3.73 and 33's for a few months before dropping in the 4.56's.