Need Help With the Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
This is the way my exhaust looks, as you can tell the tips are not the same angle and i think it looks awful. How can i fix this without removing the pipe, or is that even possible? Ive heard of a tube bender could that help? I love the exhaust tips, so i don't wanna change them.The drivers side sticks out past my tire and could be used as a lethal weapon :uhoh2: and the other one sits right where i want it to sit. Just want them to be symmetrical :)

You must be registered for see images

By mikeschevy at 2012-02-06

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try heating it up and bending. Or depending on the bracket maybe bend your bracket

Reaction score
Heating the pipe or adjusting the hanger may work. More than likely you will have to undo/cut the pipe and reposition it. That route may be easier than fighting and tweaking it.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope you didnt pay the muffler shop too much for that job. I stood there and watched every weld they did lol

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I hope you didnt pay the muffler shop too much for that job. I stood there and watched every weld they did lol

Bought the truck like that :( Didn't Mind it at first, but now that my trucks appearance is changing, it seems more noticeable.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhhhh I see. Yeah when I put mine on the hoist the leaf springs hits my pipe and bends it way in. all it takes is a pair of pliers to bend it in lol

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Careful about tweaking the hangers. I broke one of mine trying to bend it a little after I threw a new muffler on it. Weld snapped. An exhaust strap kit might work for you. If it has a clamp connection(as opposed to welded) somewhere then you can simply loosen the clamp and clock the pipe to the desired location.