Need help, where does this 2 wire plug into?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyJ427

Reaction score
I have a 2 wire plug dangling from the wiring harness that runs with crankshaft position sensor. I seen it dangling and rubbing on harmonic balancer and cant figure it out. Where does it go? It highlighted in yellow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Begin with " year, make, model, eng, trans ". We have no idea what you have. From 20 feet away they all look the same. Open the hood and doors there all different. Try again.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the right side view. There is a left side view also. And right rear, and left rear.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Evo power steering plug. Removing it forces the pump to run at full boost levels all the time. May be hard on seals and lead to premature failure. Swapping in a non-evo pump or installing the GM Evo-delete pressure pipe leaves nowhere for the plug to go.

LuckyJ427

Reaction score
Evo power steering plug. Removing it forces the pump to run at full boost levels all the time. May be hard on seals and lead to premature failure. Swapping in a non-evo pump or installing the GM Evo-delete pressure pipe leaves nowhere for the plug to go.
How do i know thats whats going? I bought this truck a few days ago, and its running very rough, and i was trying to figure out if that plug may be part of the issue.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know any actual history on the truck? Oil change, tube up, turns fluid filter, fuel filter? Fuel pressure check.
Start with the basics, then dive deeper.

LuckyJ427

Reaction score
Do you know any actual history on the truck? Oil change, tube up, turns fluid filter, fuel filter? Fuel pressure check.
Start with the basics, then dive deeper.
I am doing basics. Changed plugs, wires. Also know the cats are clogged. Throwing P0303, P0131,P0151, P0137,P0157. So im gonna work on those, but noticed that plug dangling.

JeremyNH

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EVO (electronic variable orifice) only affects power steering. At higher speeds it reduces the hydraulic pressure to the gearbox theory being the truck would be easier to control on the highway. Only some models had EVO. Mine did but I removed it when I swapped to hydroboost brakes. Some people like EVO, some hate it, some like me don't care either way but it is prone to failure. If you don't have a plug it means either the previous owner replaced the pump with a non-EVO one or he bought the GM bypass orifice and removed it. Whether it's installed or not won't affect how the engine runs though. It's a PS component only.