Need brake help on '94 blazer full size 4x4 6.5 diesel!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilymonster

Reaction score
Just bought the truck. The brakes were poor (old rusty discs) and the truck pulled to the right so I replaced both front calipers, pads, rotors, and then the rear drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders. It no longer pulls to the right when braking, but the braking performance is still crummy. I have a long soft pedal travel and the brakes seem to fade. I have to really step into it (pedal goes low) to get it to stop hard and even then it feels vague, faded, and not as it should. Brakes are bled properly, all new fluid, proper level, no leaks or bad lines that I can see. The booster and master cylinder look fine too and appear to be in good shape. I believe the booster must be working b/c I have power braking. It's not "hard" like when you have no power brakes. It's more of a soft pedal with heavy fade. Any ideas? Thanks guys, this is frustrating me and I want to get the brakes working as they should.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
theyre always like this juts have to be smart and plan escape routes when braking fails,, its not that your reaction time was slow its that the brakes just never got applied hard enough sucks

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the master cylinder may by bypassing to me. Since you've replaced everything else, it may be worth it to throw one on for good measure.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive replaced mymaster cylinder still crzy low i havent done booster though but brakes are hard -__- lol so it must be working

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I think all the diesels came with hydroboost. I could be wrong though. Sounds like the mastercylinder is bad.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all the diesels came with hydroboost. I could be wrong though. Sounds like the mastercylinder is bad.

I figured they did, just didn't know if some may have had a standard booster with a vacuum pump, since it's a blazer.

I have seen new MC's that still wouldn't hold any pressure. May want to return it and try again.