Need Ac help

Please help

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimson27

Reaction score
I've replaced Ac motor but fan still isn't blowing what I've noticed if I put on the hi setting and press the recirculate button it makes a whine noise but still no blower motor any ideas what it could be or how I could fix it

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Aaaand you're working on a..... And by AC motor I assume blower motor? Recirc just opens/closes a blend door thats what you're probably hearing. Resistor normally would leave Hi setting working normally. Check the fuse?

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Want a simple check? Try beating on the blower motor a bit and see if it comes on, if it does then it's on its way out.

Want a more proper test? Put the Blower on Hi and check the power wire going into the motor (I believe its purple), if it's got power then the motor is bad, if it doesn't then it's either the resistor/hvac controls, as Justin S said though even if the resistor is bad it should work on Hi.

Jimson27

Reaction score
Want a simple check? Try beating on the blower motor a bit and see if it comes on, if it does then it's on its way out.

Want a more proper test? Put the Blower on Hi and check the power wire going into the motor (I believe its purple), if it's got power then the motor is bad, if it doesn't then it's either the resistor/hvac controls, as Justin S said though even if the resistor is bad it should work on Hi.

Replaced blower fan motor and relay for it it's really weird nothing on the fan part works but if it's on hi and I press the reseculation button the relay buzzes and that's all still no fan

Jimson27

Reaction score
Aaaand you're working on a..... And by AC motor I assume blower motor? Recirc just opens/closes a blend door thats what you're probably hearing. Resistor normally would leave Hi setting working normally. Check the fuse?
The fuse inside in the dash is okay unless there is on under the hood which I don't think it's that because somtimes it will come on the just randomly turn off

dannymcd

Reaction score
Jimson, did you ever figure out what it was, I've got an issue where my resistor works on all speeds, but sometimes it just turns off. I don't think there's a thermal overload built into the motor, so I'm thinking my issue is a wiring issue, I wiggled a wire near the blower motor last time, then turned the truck on an it started working again, today it did it again. so I guess I'm gremlin hunting this weekend

Liroku

Reaction score
Drop the blower and see if it spins outside of the dash. There may be some leaves/sticks/rat nest in the housing keeping it from turning, it doesn't take that much resistance to stop it from turning.

Jimson27

Reaction score
Jimson, did you ever figure out what it was, I've got an issue where my resistor works on all speeds, but sometimes it just turns off. I don't think there's a thermal overload built into the motor, so I'm thinking my issue is a wiring issue, I wiggled a wire near the blower motor last time, then turned the truck on an it started working again, today it did it again. so I guess I'm gremlin hunting this weekend
Bad ground wire mine would do the same thing so o ran a wire straight from in center bar in the dash to the blower Motor