NBS front clip on an OBS body!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

okay so last night i was very bored, couldnt sleep, and wanted some ideas to do stuff to my truck.

i found a thread with a link to Mikes photo albums, and came across that crew cab, with what seems to be a 2004 front clip, on the OBS body.

i know this is a OBS website, but wow!.. that looks really nice i think.
just a quick curious question, but is something like this easy to do?

lets say a junk yard has an 04 in there, could you just take that whole front end off, bumpers, hood, radiator support, etc, and just bolt everything in the OBS??
or is there more to it than that.. just curious! doubt i'd ever do it but i think it looked neat

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
There is a lot of work to that swap and many custom shops with years of experience have tried it only to fail miserably, I wouldn't do it they don't really complement the body style and hardly ever line up right. The OBS Denali clip looks much and is a direct swap with a few companies selling the kit.

Edit: the body lines in the fender are also not found on a NBS and had to be added

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

okay so last night i was very bored, couldnt sleep, and wanted some ideas to do stuff to my truck.

i found a thread with a link to Mikes photo albums, and came across that crew cab, with what seems to be a 2004 front clip, on the OBS body.

i know this is a OBS website, but wow!.. that looks really nice i think.

That is one of the less-good examples of the swap. I HATE the way the front wheel openings are cut out for the big lugs. Also note that the truck you pictured has a '99-'02 GMC Sierra front bumper.

just a quick curious question, but is something like this easy to do?

Not even close.

lets say a junk yard has an 04 in there, could you just take that whole front end off, bumpers, hood, radiator support, etc, and just bolt everything in the OBS??
or is there more to it than that.. just curious! doubt i'd ever do it but i think it looked neat

WAY more than just bolting it on. You have to understand that these are 2 completely different generations of trucks that share nothing. Body, chassis, drivetrains, dimensions...everything is different.

chen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wondered the same thing;
i been wanting to try this with the 06 front end i found at junkyard

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is the absolute best example of the swap. Amazing attention to detail. It's so good that you almost have to do a double-take to realize what's different because it almost looks like it could have come that way.