Nasty Evap Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought id share some disturbing images with yall. I was getting pissed at the airflow i had coming from my vents and figured there was something up. So i did some digging and found where cleaning the evaporator core seemed to help a lot. I'm thinking I'll give it a shot but it can't be that bad.....Ha! The guy that owned the truck before me smoked so I guess this is dust and tar buildup from that. I'm going to get a bottle of coil cleaner tomorrow and go at it, just thought yall might enjoy these.
You must be registered for see images attach

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn thats gross....I just did mine last weekend. Looked like the bottom of a trashcan at the lake after a party lol

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That crap is like grease, I shot it with the water hose and it just rolls off it like it's wax or something. I think I may need to go get tested after breathing the air that came thru that mess this whole time haha.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Looks like you may have had an ac leak at some time and the oil leaked everywhere. Either that or someone poured a whole coke down the defrost vent at some point.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ewwwww!

Just did mine a couple of weeks ago, I just used some simple green on the grime. Makes you wonder why it took mfg's so long to build in replaceable cabin air filters

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well we got a problem. Cleaned the core and it seems cooler for sure and I got a little better airflow. Well worth the trouble. However, when I was plugged the blower back in and was running everything before I finished up I noticed the plug for the blower was hot. I unplugged it and the positive side of the plug is getting hot enough to start melting. Also if i wiggle the plug it will lose contact and shut off. Any ideas as to why it's doing this? Maybe the plug is just bad and I can get another one?