My new (too me) 2 door PICS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
So recently Ive come accross a Gmt400 that has really surprised me. I got it in a trade and just from what I was told about it I wasnt all that excited about it . Its a 97 2dr 2wd Tahoe with 255k miles on it (so I figured it was just wore out) ,Red with grey interior 60/40 split bench and some crappy 215/45 tires (it had 20's on it ,but I couldnt get them in the deal ) but the shockin part is how clean and tight this thing is . I mean my black 2door has 112k LESS miles and feels sloppy in comparison. A/C blows cold , doesnt blow smoke , knock , tick ,creek in any way . I'm baffled by this truck!! I got it with intentions of just selling it off but im now not so sure I dont want to just keep it .It really just needs some tires and new lights up front and be good to roll. But enough talk heres some pics(sorry about the quality its hard to concentrate when your dying in this humidity here !!)

You must be registered for see images attach

DONK MODE LOL

and the engine after 3 gallons of AFRO SHEEN

next to my other 2door

it looks new back here

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
and some more random pics

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats in really nice shape, i think i would roll it for a while.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reallllly nice find. That motor is mint. Did you do all the tire shine on it or did the PO have it all cleaned up for you? Really nice man. Keep her clean. Sometimes I really wish mine had a vortec :/

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Thanks guys , actully I was cleaning the moter and was using a new "gunk" engine degreaser . I had a can of the normal stuff and I guess a can of the shiney stuff , I sprayed and little on and after I figured out was it was I was commited lol. Ill clean all that crap off this weekend, But either way with 255k on it the moter has no leaks , no signs that it ever had any major fluid loss. THe paint is clean as well , I'm gonna wax it up good soon and it should really shine .

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean no sign of major fluid loss? JW. Also, what is the name of the stuff you used for your engine cuz it looks great! I just use tire shine on all of the plastics and it makes it look like new but I'd like to find something to clean the actual block and I'd also love to know what the shiney stuff is too :D If you can take a picture of the product(s) or post up the name! Thanks

Griffin

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
just send me one of em .....pssss canied red tails lol. Ill see ol boy about the s10 tails tomorow if you dont hear from me txt Ive got a lot on my mind right nmow and may forget

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
What do you mean no sign of major fluid loss? JW. Also, what is the name of the stuff you used for your engine cuz it looks great! I just use tire shine on all of the plastics and it makes it look like new but I'd like to find something to clean the actual block and I'd also love to know what the shiney stuff is too :D If you can take a picture of the product(s) or post up the name! Thanks

Griffin

What I meant is that if the rear main had leaked at one time for example , even if they fixed it it would leave some type residue or evidence. Heres the stuff I used , I started with their normal degreaser(I dont have the can I used it all)and some simple green , let it sit a few (no scrubing) then hosed it off with low pressure .It helped that the engine was already pretty clean I really just wanted to get the dust and dirt off

Then just spray this over the black plastic bits.

here's another engine pic

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whoooo weee that's nice. If you ever run out man tire shine makes that plastic pieces shine like new too. That engine gunk shine and tire shine are probably the same thing. I love the low torque and simplicity of my TBI but DAMN I WANT A VORTEC!!!