My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned that the big block prefers a different gap than what GM specified. I think it's been mentioned that it's .040"? Does that go for iridium plugs as well? Or just the platinums? Or should I just stick with the factory platinums?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned that the big block prefers a different gap than what GM specified. I think it's been mentioned that it's .040"? Does that go for iridium plugs as well? Or just the platinums? Or should I just stick with the factory platinums?

I don't think it's recommended to regap iridium's, you'll break the tip. I did .045" in my trucks for the blower, not sure stock needs to have the gap reduced?

Dravec

Reaction score
Before and after of the driver's side manifold. Both of them are completely cleaned up and installed, and completely torqued down. Making progress! Biggest issue was I dropped the driver's manifold trying to get it in it's hole and sheared the friggin coolant temp sender off. So now I gotta replace that. But oh well. Just add another part to the list. Also got another batch of GM Genuine and AC Delco parts coming in from RockAuto. They may not be a preferred vender anymore, but I still like using them.

I have exactly three weeks to have this old girl running, driving, steering and stopping. Got my days off approved for going to get my girlfriend. So now the time crunch begins for real.

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_182928.jpg
    IMG_20230524_182928.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230524_182938.jpg
    IMG_20230524_182938.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 8

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Before and after of the driver's side manifold. Both of them are completely cleaned up and installed, and completely torqued down. Making progress! Biggest issue was I dropped the driver's manifold trying to get it in it's hole and sheared the friggin coolant temp sender off. So now I gotta replace that. But oh well. Just add another part to the list. Also got another batch of GM Genuine and AC Delco parts coming in from RockAuto. They may not be a preferred vender anymore, but I still like using them.

I have exactly three weeks to have this old girl running, driving, steering and stopping. Got my days off approved for going to get my girlfriend. So now the time crunch begins for real.
This is the trip out of state that got postponed before?

Dravec

Reaction score
This is the trip out of state that got postponed before?
Yup. Running all the way up to far north Idaho. By my calculations, it's  just under 3700 miles round trip. Something like 3690 or so. About 55 hours total drive time. I have only 6 days between now and then that I'm not working, so I best get my backside in gear. :grd:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Running all the way up to far north Idaho. By my calculations, it's  just under 3700 miles round trip. Something like 3690 or so. About 55 hours total drive time. I have only 6 days between now and then that I'm not working, so I best get my backside in gear. :grd:
Where at in North Idaho?