My First Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dangrus4060

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
recently replaced 5.7L, fresh rebuilt 4L80-E, manual 4x4, 4.10 rear, posi-trac, 8600 GVW, all new front suspension, new brakes, new tires, cruise, tilt, new ice-cold AC

some upgrades coming...

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we get a couple snowfalls a season... few inches at most.... several dustings...

You could get by probably with a non heated setup like the Truck Lite, which is what I use in my F250. They will not melt snow at all though. The best heated option is the JW Speaker, but they don't look very good and cost a bit more. Absolutly avoid any of the cheap ($200 or less) amazon headlights that look like a dollar tree flashlight.

Dangrus4060

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, finally gonna post updates... been a busy few months, lots of projects and I retired at the end of Jan. I made original post before i even received the truck! Bought from my buddy near Pittsburgh, and he towed it down to me in Winston-Salem Dec. 3. I paid him gas money and a good lunch!

Stock Truck stats:
1996 Chevy Cheyenne K2500HD 8600#, 4x4 Ext Cab, 5.7L V8, 4L80E, Manual Transfer Case, AC, Cruise, Swing-out Rear Qtr Windows, Sliding Rear Window, Folding rear seat, 4.10 Rear Axle w/ Posi, Tilt, UM6 AM/FM Radio/Cassette w/ 4-speaker dual ext range spkrs, Towing Pkg w/HD Hitch.

303K miles !! VERY LITTLE rust on the body and surface rust on the frame... Engine rebuilt at some time... dont have date info, buddy had Trans rebuilt couple thousand miles previous, converted spider injection to TBI inj, some exhaust work, new battery, new wiper motor, new plugs cap rotor wires, new AC compressor/Accumulator, Surp belt, all new front and rear brake hardware, new front tires, oil change and filters, put power bucket seats and center console from a Tahoe in, but forgot to get the power harness, so they dont move for now, and a couple other odds and ends.

Here's pics of the way i received it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: