My First Truck! 95 Z71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

one320fc

Reaction score
People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I would take this truck over a brand new truck! But its true I must be crazy! My dad picked this truck up about 8 years ago and this past Christmas he upgraded to a newer truck and I pretty much begged for this one and got it!!
Now on to the bad and the plans.. its beat up 276k miles with rust and stains all over the interior, broken front TLA, leaking brake lines, needs rear glass (4wheeler my fault lol) cab corners, rocker panels RF fender.
You must be registered for see images attach

So after the above mentioned stuff is taken care of future plans are:
Full tune up and fluids change
Slight crank
2 or 3" BL
either 33 or 35s on 17" Dick Cepek GM7 wheels
New white paint job
New bumpers w/o impact strips
Billet grille and new lights
TBI mods and air cleaner
long tubes and some sort of exhaust
last but not least new carpet and some other interior changes!

Please give feed back this is my first truck, not my first project and I will be doing all the work my self. Enjoy the pictures and stay tuned for updates!!

one320fc

Reaction score
sounds like it will be a nice truck 33s look good on these trucks with no lift IMO

Thanks I hope so! The lift is up in the air if I can crank it level with out replacing front end parts it should fit the 33s and they are cheaper then 35s lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks like a good place to start man ill be watching for details

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have my 94 over a new truck as well. The new ones are nice, don't get me wrong, I just like the tried and true old school truck.

Nice project, once it's cranked and some new tires will be the biggest improvement.

one320fc

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! I have my work cut out for me that's for sure. I hope by spring of next year to pick up the wheels and tires, what do you all think of these wheels on my truck? I cant find any pictures of these on a gmt400.

one320fc

Reaction score
So I suck at taking before and after pictures but if you can imagine what this door panel looked like with stains all over the fabric covered areas! years of neglect and abuse..I used Dupli Color fabric paint its a little darker then I wanted but I think it adds nice contrast! I need to do the headliner in this color and find a similar color carpet I think it will turn out well.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 13

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! I have my work cut out for me that's for sure. I hope by spring of next year to pick up the wheels and tires, what do you all think of these wheels on my truck? I cant find any pictures of these on a gmt400.

Those are pretty sharp! How big of rims are you looking to get?