My documented TBI-to-Vortec 350 conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Haha yeah I got the joke a few days late. As far as the CTS, it and everything else is brand new, EXCEPT the MAP sensor, and if I remember right, it was throwing readings that didn't make sense. I'm gonna see if I can snag one and a ground strap from the junkyard when I get back in town on Tuesday.

Lol, it was a bad joke regardless. Definitely try the MAP Sensor. I remember a looong while ago, somebody had dropped the air cleaner lid down and cracked the MAP sensor 'box'.. was that you?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Random question, would a bad MAP cause it to run rich? I'm getting terrible mileage. Burned through over 1/4 tank in less than three days of short city trips, not too much throttle. Won't be able to test anything until Tuesday when I'm back in town, just thought I'd ask before I spend $40 on a new one.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Quick update, noticed today that it only bogs when it's not warmed up. In open loop, or closed, whichever is first, it runs incredible! But as soon as it starts taking data from all the sensors it runs bad.

Mine did the exact same thing. Need a tune man.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Aren't you getting a tune from Mark? You shouldn't even be running it without one...

Depending on tomorrow's paycheck, i should be able to order one from him.

someone wanna tune my truck im in the same boat and im running richer than bill gates.

Talk to EagleMark at gearhead-efi.

Also, no offense guys, but i dont think it's doing it because it needs a tune. I mean, im gonna get it regardless, but i dont think yall understand what exactly its doing. When i give it any more than maybe 1/4 throttle, it surges, pops, and backfires for a split second, then it acts as if someone turned the key off, then back on when you let go of the gas.

Ill wake up early tomorrow and test the MAP, then talk to mark for the tune.