My documented TBI-to-Vortec 350 conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Well I'll be damned, I'm pretty stoked to start re-assembly.

Need a new ground strap, probably hit the parts yard for that (couldn't find one in the parts stores), then the CTS, plus, oil, coolant, and a few brass fittings.

For anyone who may be following the thread, here's the parts list so far, plus links to anyone researching the swap.

-SUM-226018 Intake, Four-barrel, Vortec bolt pattern = $144
-#062 Vortec heads. Ported, polished, painted black. Found locally for $300.
-Trans-Dapt 2210 four-barrel to TBI adapter, center mount. = $53
-New set of head bolts, both sides = $24 locally.

So far, $521.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up the small stuff. Need two brass fittings, some hose, oil change stuff, coolant, head gaskets, and intake gaskets. I'm hoping to stay under $100 for all of that.

Will keep updating.

the best part is when you start it after its all together, makes ya feel awesome!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
the best part is when you start it after its all together, makes ya feel awesome!

You have NO idea how exited I am. This truck is an extension of me. It's been hell just the last two weeks not being able to drive her and see her sitting like this:

You must be registered for see images

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You have NO idea how exited I am. This truck is an extension of me. It's been hell just the last two weeks not being able to drive her and see her sitting like this:

You must be registered for see images
i know that feeling man! thats why i have never gone through with the sale of my orange truck, multiple times, its mine, and i would kick my own ass if i sold it!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
haha, red truck might be going bye-bye soon, looking at NBS's sadly.

So have I. I want a new DD so I can do crazy stuff like this to the 92 more often. To be honest, If it comes down to needing something reliable, sell the 96 and get an NBS. You still have the 94, and OBSs can be found all over. You'd never be without one too long.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
So have I. I want a new DD so I can do crazy stuff like this to the 92 more often. To be honest, If it comes down to needing something reliable, sell the 96 and get an NBS. You still have the 94, and OBSs can be found all over. You'd never be without one too long.

i would really like to find a CCSB OBS, but thats impossible, plus i want a 2500HD, and it must be 4x4 haha.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hahaha I think that's all of our mentalities. We all want a CCSB OBS, and hate the guys that already have them :lol: and didn't you have a dmax not too long ago?

yea, i bought it off my dad, then sold it back to him, he still has it, its still a POS. to many KM's, 450,000