My build, little by little.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Hey, take it easy guy. I thought this was the thread where I could document my build as a journal and what not. Feel free to ignore it at your and my own pleasure. If you have constructive advice I’m all ears I’m sure I could learn a lot from you if you gave me a chance.
Nightrunner, do you have a thread that showcased your build? I’d like to see what you’ve done.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You've had the truck for a year and a half, this thread is a year old, and zero mention of anything off road, goals, aspirations, etc. I too like to document progress, even maintenance on my truck. Helps me see the progression over time. I do so in the member's trucks area as that's pretty much a catch all. You seem to be under the impression that you must choose street or off road, when in fact the intent of this forum is to copy stuff from other areas into here. It's a free country and all, but the intent of this forum is more for stuff like big axle swaps, lift kits, welding/fabrication to fit bigass tires. If you get this moved into the correct forum you'll get more traffic which is helpful when you run into a problem with the truck.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Didn’t realize this was such a problem for you. In the interest of your permission may I please post here? I would like to lift my truck eventually and have something I can take off road. It’s not a Z71 and I’m aware of that. Seriously though, why are you still chasing after me? Relax guy. Just ignore this thread.
I admit it’s a year old yes. I have a full time job and have not been able to work on my vehicle as much as others. Still I don’t see why you care. You already know there is NOTHING here that interests you so why do you persist? You must be a troll. Go on troll, leave me be :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, cuz trolls make suggestions to improve traffic in your thread. I'll stick around now just to piss you off. Have fun with your stock truck in the off road forum where you'll never get off your ass to fix anything.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Nightrunner, do you have a thread that showcased your build? I’d like to see what you’ve done.

Sure do, link's in my signature!

Yeah, cuz trolls make suggestions to improve traffic in your thread. I'll stick around now just to piss you off. Have fun with your stock truck in the off road forum where you'll never get off your ass to fix anything.

You must be delightful at parties.

TheRookie

Reaction score
First off, Locate the 15mm Bolt and nut securing the tank straps (see images 1-4)
I recommend supporting the tank for obvious reasons. I used a transmission jack. Also I had about 1/4 tank of fuel remaining.
If you are able I recommend you leave less as it is pretty heavy and cumbersome. (See image 5)
With the tank supported Locate these four nuts holding one strap to the frame and remove it. (see images 6-7)

TheRookie

Reaction score
I dropped the tank down slowly and then had one difficult time with the filler neck. Just remove it from the tank and save yourself alot of time. (see image 8)
Disconnect the Fuel lines to the tank carefully (see image 9)
Once you have the tank on the ground just do a quick inspection and check for rust. Sand appropriately and spray with primer (see image 10)

TheRookie

Reaction score
Now that's it for now. Soon I will take my chances with wiring. Kinda worried about that one. The new fuel pump assembly has a different connector and step by step instructions so ill attempt that this weekend! (see image 11-12)