My 94 GMC Sierra Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Beautiful truck man. The only thing I really don't like are the tail lights. They just look cheesy :imo: I would look into getting a set of Anzo factory style LED trails.

-via Mobile

Thanks Man, I really appreciate it.

As for the tails, yeah kind of cheesy. But I bought them because no one in the Buffalo area has them. And they were cheap! LOL! If I come across something nicer when these fog up, I will swap them out.

sceld94

Reaction score
Did I miss the engine bay clean up? Looks awesome, how did you do it?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Did I miss the engine bay clean up? Looks awesome, how did you do it?

Thanks, Basically, power washed it, then rattle canned the block, heads, water pump and intake. I swapped the valve covers and then rattle canned whatever looked nasty. last week I painted the exhaust manifolds with that Eastwood High Temp paint.

I still have over spray on the hoses from when the truck was painted. Next time I have to drain the coolant I will change them. I also want to take the pulleys off and have my son media blast them and then paint them gloss black.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So yesterday I swapped my valve covers, Thanks to ChrisAU for the tip of the AC line. My old one had rotted through and was held together for the last few months with a glob of silicone sealer. I installed a cheap set of chrome ones that I picked up at a swap meet last year. Took me less than an hour to change. Would have been less if I realized these were car valve covers. I was trying to put the one with the oil fill on the driver side like the old ones. The bolts don't line up that way. Once I swapped them it went together easy. Then I did a little rattle can resto in the engine bay. Looks better, but I still need to take some of it apart and get the brackets sandblasted and painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I finally added the new 4X4 decals my son bought me for my birthday

Engine looks great! Decal placement bothers me a little haha

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
What's wrong with the decals? I put them at the same distance as the Z71 decals on my son's truck. Plus it covers a few flaws in the paint.

And the tails work fine for now. Once they fog up I'll get some different ones. The corner lenses have started to, so they need to be swapped first.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What's wrong with the decals? I put them at the same distance as the Z71 decals on my son's truck. Plus it covers a few flaws in the paint.

And the tails work fine for now. Once they fog up I'll get some different ones. The corner lenses have started to, so they need to be swapped first.
That's not where they go haha they're too high

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Engine bay looks great. I clean mine probably every 2nd or 3rd time I wash it to keep it looking new. Drives me nuts to see a clean truck then pop the hood to see a nasty mess.

I did the same thing you're talking about to all my pullies on my old truck. I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures, it looked great.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Engine bay looks great. I clean mine probably every 2nd or 3rd time I wash it to keep it looking new. Drives me nuts to see a clean truck then pop the hood to see a nasty mess.

I did the same thing you're talking about to all my pullies on my old truck. I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures, it looked great.

Thanks man, I'm the same way. I keep the engine bay in the Montes clean enough to eat off of, the truck isn't as clean, but it doesn't need to look like a scrap yard motor either.