My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If you really wanna sell her, get her shot in solid primer. I would buy as is, but a lot of people shy away from a vehicle just for being more than one color.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've thought about it but just haven't have the time for it. Been really busy with prepping for the new shop and what not.

Sent from my GALAXY S5 wrapped in an otterbox

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was asking 4k, but I dropped it down to 3500. I told a guy at work that if he slapped 2500 in my hand it was his. And I think I've told one other person that. I've only had one offer on her and that was for 2k. And I was like nah, too low.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I still have her. Found out tonight that she needs some things. Found out that my axle bearings are going out on the drivers side on the front diff. There is a lot of play right at where the cv meets the diff tube on the driver side. Also needs new sway bar end link bushings, and new cv axles.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove her for the first time in a while today. Power steering pump decided to go, im thinking that it might have locked up or something cause my belt then preceded to brake. Luckily I was in the AutoZone parking lot. New belt went on and still no power steering. My transfer case continues to clunk while I'm driving, so I got my girl to switch from neutral into 2hi and I'm hearing the same clunk that I here when I'm driving. I actually drove her around for a good bit this afternoon in 4hi and she drove great, but then started making the same clunking noise. I'm lost. Not really sure what's wrong with her.

Sent from my GALAXY S5

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
changing the power steering pump tomorrow and i am thinking about putting the body lift back on. still not sure if i want to or not. im thinking that if i do that i can pick up a set of uncut fenders from the junk yard, sand and prime them along with the rest of the truck and then throw her back on CL and see how it goes from there. i might just have to spend a little more money on her to sale her. this is still just me thinking lol i have a lot of time to just think and think, normally doesnt get me too far though, i tend to over analyze things.