My 1995 ECSB 2WD lifted..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plans next week are with bluex's help of course is move the frame back to the garage and the cab is going to a local body shop to get an antenna hole filled. I am going to bolt casters to the stock cab mounts for easy movement. Engine and trans will come out thurs/fri and start stripping the suspension off. After everything is off then the frame, wheelhouses, radiator support, rear axle, leaf springs and all fromt suspension goes to powder coating. The body is gettin line-x on the inside cab floor as well as underneath and same with the bed then goes to my dads shop for him to body prep it and spray the color (still unknown or maybe a suprise, shhhhh bluex). Then the fun part....assembly!!! Everything that can be saved will i.e. hard brake lines, ABS module, wiring, mounting bracket for every componet on the truck, etc.......

Thinking about a 5.3 swap but im confused as hell about the wiring or may keep it original 350 TBI.

Shooting for less than $5000 with orginal engine or $8000 with the 5.3 swap

Money spent is as followed:

Neighbors watching bluex and I push the frame around the yard and into a storage shed $ PRICELESS!!!!

Lumber and casters for bed dolly (seen above) $186
Zip lock baggies for bolts $12
Casters for cab: $80

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good man. I think i may have driven up on the clean up of your wreck while i was working. Glad you're ok. Those early pics showed me a lot on how my 96 will look when i finally get around to buying spindles. Do you think you had room for 35x1250s?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I think 35's may be good on a set of 15x8's with maybeeee a little trimming if any at all. 15x10's will need some trimming.

96cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've trimmed for 33x1250s on 15x10s on a 3 inch body lift so im hopeful. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see how the truck turns out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
or $6500 with blown original engine ;)

That with rebuilding the tbi if I'm going to keep it original. There is nothing wrong with the original so I could put it back in and drive it til it pops.......but no fun in that... Lol

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to see the ls swap, 6.0 please :boti:

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bluex sent me over here because I am doin some of the same things to my truck and I can't wait to get all my lift on I just can't decide if I want to do the extra body lift on the 33's or just I straight spindles any suggestions???