Misfire Cylinder #3 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys i bought my 3rd 96 ecsb a few months ago(currently have 3) and noticed the check engine light was on with just the thought of an O2 sensor being bad (hooked up my OBDII reader). I reset the code and ran it until it the light came back on then decided to change the o2 sensor. After reseting the engine code i noticed it said misfire cylinder #3. I decided to do the obvious by changing pick up coil, dist. cap, plugs, and plug wires (it needed it anyways im sure). but still get the misfire code and the truck sounds like it has a miss when at idle. The truck has a 5.7L, 4L60E, and it currently has 104,5XX miles.

My question is what else is there to check? Maybe an injector? I really dont know what else to check so any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks,

--Jarred

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
My first bet is that the #3 poppet on the injector spider assembly is clogged. You can pressure up the system with cleaner and try to flush it out or replace the spider, with another poppet system or the MPFI conversion available through GMpartsdirect.com or your local favorite parts house.

GM part number for the MPFI is 93441235.

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! How would i go about pressuring up the sytem with cleaner to try to unclog it?