Master CYLINDER relocation question *HELP*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
So my truck is on bags, I'm sitting on 24" front and rear. I just got done finishing up the firewall with tubs. So now she lays all the way out. My only problem is the tube on the bottom of the master cylinder is rubbing the front tire BAD! If I try to drive all the way out, I'll eventually rub through the tube. Has anyone came across this situation before? Or has anyone use a shorter or different master cylinder...?

My truck; 1992 c-1500 single cab <--not that this info matters. Thanks for reading. YES, I DID USE THE SEARCH!!

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
First off. Were's your build thread? We here are photographicly chalanged. We like pictures!!!!!

Second, do you have it body dropped and if so is it standard bodied?

Third I know you're running 24's, I am running 22's and have no running issues with the master. This is the best picture i have of my master.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm bodied on 22s also and nowhere near master cylinder.. but to answer your question, you could do a hydroboost setup, it ditches the massive black donut. Or another idea some have done is switching to the hot rod style brake system where the cylinder is either mounted under the floor, or even seen mounted behind the dash (a lot of work)

Just a couple ideas.. start a build thread tho! :)

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres what I have. Take a look, and thanks for the help. I'll do a build thread soon. Thanks!!

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
What I should have said was, I'm super close the the clutch res. Not brake master cylinder. Sorry for the mix up!

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
That makes more sence. I have a automatic. Just put an auto in it. Problum fixed. Next. Lol.

Reaction score
Should be able to Terrill holes higher and move it up? Maybe splice the bar to the pedal and make it however much longer it needs to be afterwards?