Manual door lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subtlez28

Reaction score
I attempted a search first, but could not come up with much on this. Most lock threads seam to focus on power locks.

I picked up an 89 Scottsdale with manual locks and windows. Real clean truck (with an LS engine swap already done), but it had a missing passenger door lock cylinder and the interior lock assembly was broken. No big deal I thought, I'll replace them.

I did the lock cylinders right away. The driver side works perfectly.

The passenger side really fought me but I got it installed. I later did the interior assembly and found it very difficult to operate.

Within a couple days it seamed jammed up and would not work at all from the interior or exterior. I'm guessing this binding up is why the original lock assembly was broken, and why the lock cylinder was knocked in the door (where I found the original).

Anyone who has been through this knows how difficult to access all the rods and latch assembly. I've already rebuilt it twice. I'd like some input before I got at it the third time.

Since the lock cylinder is new, and the interior assembly is new, I have it narrowed down to two things:
1-The latch/lock assembly is defective
2-The rods are improperly installed or bent. I would think though, if that were the case, it would have never worked. And I would also guess either the interior or exterior would still work.

I will try to remove the latch assembly and further inspect it...

Thank you in advance for any feedback!