Maintaining a NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Molybdenum disulfide is the inorganic compound with the formula MoS 2.

The compound is classified as a metal dichalcogenide. It is a silvery black solid that occurs as the mineral molybdenite, the principal ore for molybdenum. (MoS 4.) It is relatively unreactive. It is unaffected by dilute acids and oxygen. In appearance and feel, molybdenum disulfide is similar to graphite. It is widely used as a lubricant because of its low friction properties and robustness.

http://www.molyslip.com/products/oilfuel-supplements/molyslipg-wear-reducing-oil-supplement/

Torque specs for the fill/drain plugs is 27 ft. lb.s

The RTV is applied to the threads of the drain/fill plugs. Helps to prevent any weeping of the plugs.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! Lots of information here! I hope this can help other people too, I'm going to try and find some of that moly lube now and thanks for the torque specs [emoji1] now I feel comfortable to do the fluid change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea same here haha I feel I should do my transfer case and front diff now that I have done all the other fluids haha

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NP!
All this talk of NV3500 maintenance. Now it's gonna bug me & I'll just HAVE to do this. Soon!
Damn OCD!

How much fluid is supposed to be in the clutch master cylinder?

Also my truck makes a bit of grinding noise when I release the clutch on downshifts, I'm hoping it's my clutch is worn out, I believe it's original and has almost 245,000km on it, any ideas?

I did these tests here and it grinded in both of them [emoji17]

You must be registered for see images