ls1 t56 in an obs droool!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Little hunting would turn up a manual trans steering column, and I'd ditch the wheels too although I like Centerlines - not my taste in the style.

Clean truck and looks like a lot of truck for the money. You couldn't build it for that.

Richard

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut the fenders out and add fender flares painted another color with huge wide mud tires and black rims sticking out the wheel wells with mud flaps . That bad boy would be ready to cruise over some rocks...... :biggrin:

Nice truck.. The only thing I would change would be his name on the title to my name.

Last edited:

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
you are crazy. those wheels kick ass. everything except the shifter on the column is more like it!

i love the wheels too!!! i didnt even notice the column shifter! that would need to go

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Little hunting would turn up a manual trans steering column, and I'd ditch the wheels too although I like Centerlines - not my taste in the style.

Clean truck and looks like a lot of truck for the money. You couldn't build it for that.

Richard
Not sure on 95+ columns, but cant you just take off the shifter arm? i know on the Saginaw's you can. That's all i did on my '94, just till i find a manual tilt column

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure on 95+ columns, but cant you just take off the shifter arm? i know on the Saginaw's you can. That's all i did on my '94, just till i find a manual tilt column

Yeah; you can just take a single bolt out and slip the arm out of the shift mechanism. It'd be a little ghetto but much preferable to leaving the extra, useless shifter hanging there. Truth is you might even be able to remove the shifter and then just get the plastics for a manual column, save yourself the hassle of swapping the entire column. If the shift mechanism interferes with the plastics, it's only a few more bolts to remove it as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mechanism with shifter removed (the bolt closer to the mech)

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard