LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Been busting ass between work trying to make something happen on the build.

The trans is out, will prob have it tore down this weekend to see what’s wrong with it.

I sold the 4.56 gear 14 bolt out of the truck. Have ordered a spool for my 4.11 gear 14 bolt I have. Will also be doing a disc brake swap to cut weight. This axle will weigh about 150-200 lbs lighter than the 3” drum 4.56 axle. I did the math, to run 10s on a 28-31” tire without shifting into 4th lowest gear I can really run is 4.11s. Will help on the highway too

Slow work, but progress.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Well guys, found what broke. Sheared the teeth right off the input shaft.....needless to say, she’s making some power.

Billet input shaft $300
Slip yoke output shaft $40
Getting stall rebuilt by circled $250

She’ll be back in no time

You must be registered for see images attach

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Update:
Built a cradle to hold trans on an engine stand.

Tore the thing all the way down, installed a fully splined output shaft.

Re assembled except forward hub cannot install until I order and receive the new input shaft.

Also cleaned up and put together an 5” aluminum driveshaft and slip yoke out of a 2005 2500hd.
If anyone wants to know it’s a spicer 5-648x u joint (1330 to 1350 adapter) to use newer Chevy driveshafts with older 14 bolt.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I realize this thread is getting large. I just want to make sure I keep a good record of the build progress on this truck, hope y’all understand

Update:

The guys down in Texas at circle d specialties are literally the best, convertor is rebuilt and will be here this week! Billet input shaft is also in the mail and will get delivered around the same time. Took some time to install the mini spool in the 14 bolt today. Looking like she might be back on the road in the next week or two!!

here’s a comparison of a stock axle gear from an open diff and the Budget Yukon mini spool, much beefier chunk and fits perfect.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Update:

parts finally came in for trans hot it slapped together and working on getting it in the truck tonight!

also bunch of odd and end stuff getting done like redoing all the battery cables and power distribution block, getting the rear axle in and new rear brakes, hopefully she’ll be rolling tomorrow!

Shop lights over club lights every night

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Busted ass all weekend and finally took her for a test drive tonight!

new mods:
Billet input shaft on trans
Aluminum trans crossmember
Aluminum one piece driveshaft
Mini spool and 4.10 gears in the rear.
Softer 1500 springs with add a leaf.

She drives smooth as glass. Turning is a little difficult now with the spool but it’s bearable.

Still much to do. Add a boost gauge. I upgraded my hptuners to pro so now I can use the can bus to log AFR off my wideband. This will help greatly in trying to get the tune atleast close in the mid/upper range. I also need to find a softer and/or adjustable rear shock that will work with the 4” lowering kit. So far no luck....