LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Well I’ve been out for a while with a back injury but I’m back to work and I got the truck thrown together!

This thing is a beast only running on 5lbs of boost and a tough tune by me. Still tons of stuff to clean up and address but the beast is alive!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Welp turned the boost up and was doing some test hits this weekend.....aaaaand popped the trans.

Gonna try and tear it out and figure out what happened but when shifting from 2-3 under 7lbs of boost heard a loud bang and lost all gears and reverse. Loud whine while engine idling. Sounds like the heavy Chevy snapped a hard part.

Hopefully it’s a input shaft for something simple so I can salvage this trans. Don’t have money for a Hughes transbrake 80e yet.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp turned the boost up and was doing some test hits this weekend.....aaaaand popped the trans.

Gonna try and tear it out and figure out what happened but when shifting from 2-3 under 7lbs of boost heard a loud bang and lost all gears and reverse. Loud whine while engine idling. Sounds like the heavy Chevy snapped a hard part.

Hopefully it’s a input shaft for something simple so I can salvage this trans. Don’t have money for a Hughes transbrake 80e yet.
Damn thats unfortunate.. hopefully its not too bad.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Wouldn't that have been cheaper though?

They would probably cost about the same to replace as long as I don’t buy a built trans new. My engine al all aluminum gen 4 and I have a good bit of time and money building it. The labor and time down is what would kill me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh, OK. Gen IV aluminum is a bit more than a run of the mill Gen III LM7 iron block. Better heads and intake too. :cool:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
What do you do when the trucks broke, make it pretty lol...

Picked up a junk bumper to chop up for airflow to the intercooler. Going to be doing an SS style fiberglass bumper cover, I’m going to cut it out and glass it back for the intercooler opening. Also picked up a aftermarket gmc grille with no emblem. I think setting it up like that will look allot meaner and be more functional for the intercooler.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach