LS swap 1999 c3500 single cab lb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Placement is everything, should be able to run factory ac and heat with no space issues.

Cool project. When you say factory location are you referring to down low like the 05' LS mount or up high where your factory compressor was? I plan on using the trick performance log manifold with the AC down low.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Cool project. When you say factory location are you referring to down low like the 05' LS mount or up high where your factory compressor was? I plan on using the trick performance log manifold with the AC down low.

No, factory for the 99 on top driver side. Alternator will go top passenger. The frame on my truck is too close to the block to do low mount without major modification.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the low position or top?

Actually either position but preferably down low. As you know, adding a turbo on the passenger side really limits the available space and options. I commend your efforts. Whether in a car or truck, most guys that run a turbo ditch the AC. Something I also want to avoid if possible.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Actually either position but preferably down low. As you know, adding a turbo on the passenger side really limits the available space and options. I commend your efforts. Whether in a car or truck, most guys that run a turbo ditch the AC. Something I also want to avoid if possible.

The thing is on these trucks to put it down low you will HAVE to cut and notch the frame. I tried all motor placements and couldn’t make it work otherwise. Top mount made the most sense. Honestly with my turbo placement I think I will be able to run the top mount ac no problem! Only thing that gets close is the alternator on the top passenger side but an ict billet relocation bracket and a custom tensioner setup should work perfect. When I get to that point I’ll be sure to post pleanty of pictures.

I did mock up with alternator on mock up engine.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Truck is running on 3 bar speed density tune and 80 lbhr dekas. Still have to hook up a boost control system, finish charge piping and blowoff valve, fix some exhaust leaks, finish wiring up bed mount battery and intercooler fan. The truck is starting to come together, ready to start tuning!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: