Lowering 2 door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 99 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe, I'm tired of the rake that GM put in these, and I'm looking to lower it 2/4 to level it out. I know most say I'll regret it and want to go lower, but I want to keep this one useable to tow some, and get in and out of rougher roads.

I'm going to be doing a 6 lug conversion on it so I can put a 14 bolt under the rear, and go to gmt800 brakes on it. I will also be going with either 18" or 20" rims.

I was looking at going with rear lowering leaf springs from either belltech($375) or street edge($252), don't know if belltech's are worth the extra money.

My main question is for the front. For only a 2" drop, what is the preferred way to lower it? Should I just put drop springs in the front, lower control arms & springs, or drop spindles(that DON'T change the wheel track like belltech's are supposed to)? My only concern with drop spindles is I have plans of doing gnt800 dual piston calipers up front, I know they can be made to work on stock spindles, not sure about drop spindles.

I don't mind spending the money, I just want to lower it right, and not have problems down the road with it.

Last edited: