Low voltage at fuel pump connector.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shnert

Reaction score
I've been working on my silverado off and on trying to solve a low fuel pressure problem. I got a multi meter and have been testing various connections. The batt and relay seem to be fine, but for some reason there is ~8 volts at the pump connector, which i assume is too little to run reliably. Any ideas? checked the ecm b fule and jumped the relay and still not enough voltage.
97 silverado 5.7 lots of miles.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try running a temp. hot wire from the relay to the pump to see if you have a cut or corroded oe wire, if you do, I would just run a new one and not fool with trying to chase down the old one with the problem.

Shnert

Reaction score
hm good thought. A mechanic i brought the truck to was sure they connector was bad and needed to be replaced. All of the connectors i see online are four wire, mine is three...

Shnert

Reaction score
i tried scraping the corrosion off with a knife, but that didn't do anything. I spliced the wires a little bit behind the connector and got more voltage ~8.5, but still not enough. Im stumped atm.