Low power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abellmichael

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i feel your pain i on the gas mileage. i only get about 200 miles a tank...

Purplestaff

Reaction score
i feel your pain i on the gas mileage. i only get about 200 miles a tank...
Yeah it sucks real bad, $120 a week at 16 making only $250/week! Makes it hard to buy other things for it (although I just purchased a lift kit and I'm working on installing it)

Attachments

• IMG_20220220_134105080.jpg
    IMG_20220220_134105080.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 4

Abellmichael

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck my friend. I hope i figure things out soon. Ive done replaced fuel filter and pump and lines plugs wires all that and my gas mileage isnt any better..

Purplestaff

Reaction score
Good luck my friend. I hope i figure things out soon. Ive done replaced fuel filter and pump and lines plugs wires all that and my gas mileage isnt any better..
I'll let you know if I figure out anything, I know they aren't gonna be great on gas but they shouldn't be THAT bad

thx1138v2

Reaction score
RE gas mileage, check this out: Poor Gas Mileage

RE low power: this happened on my 4.3L. The catalytic converter has a can inside the that the exhaust gasses pass through. Somehow mine got turned sideways and wedged in to place and the truck ran like a dog with 3 legs - I mean BAD. I was working over the exhaust 1 day and looked into the pipe and I knew it didn't look right. So I knocked it out with a 3' long X 1/2" steel rod. I was broke at the time so I left that can out. It was the one that held the pellets that clean the gasses. When I got the money I put a new catalytic converter on it. But when I put it back together without the can inside, it ran like a charm. Another way you can check for this is to hold your hand over the end of the exhaust pipe right after you start it up cold. If this is the problem you won't feel much exhaust at all. Of course, this assumes you know what it should feel like to begin with.

Try the CTS first. That might do it. If it doesn't, check the catalytic converter.

Purplestaff

Reaction score
RE gas mileage, check this out: Poor Gas Mileage

RE low power: this happened on my 4.3L. The catalytic converter has a can inside the that the exhaust gasses pass through. Somehow mine got turned sideways and wedged in to place and the truck ran like a dog with 3 legs - I mean BAD. I was working over the exhaust 1 day and looked into the pipe and I knew it didn't look right. So I knocked it out with a 3' long X 1/2" steel rod. I was broke at the time so I left that can out. It was the one that held the pellets that clean the gasses. When I got the money I put a new catalytic converter on it. But when I put it back together without the can inside, it ran like a charm. Another way you can check for this is to hold your hand over the end of the exhaust pipe right after you start it up cold. If this is the problem you won't feel much exhaust at all. Of course, this assumes you know what it should feel like to begin with.

Try the CTS first. That might do it. If it doesn't, check the catalytic converter.
I removed cat