LoudnLifted88's 96 gmc 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yeah the injectors are not too difficult to do, took me about 4 hours for those and fuel pressure regulator, plus plugs/rotor/cap/wires at the same time.

injectors and fuel pressure regulator can create the hard warms starts. I replaced both and mines still doing it, I think my fuel pump is next on the suspect list.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yeah the injectors are not too difficult to do, took me about 4 hours for those and fuel pressure regulator, plus plugs/rotor/cap/wires at the same time.

injectors and fuel pressure regulator can create the hard warms starts. I replaced both and mines still doing it, I think my fuel pump is next on the suspect list.

Awesome thanks you see the video i.posted of the warm start?

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah i suspect my fuel pump is struggling... i wouldn't think the injectors would be bad at 195k but who knows.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Awesome thanks you see the video i.posted of the warm start?
I didn't yesterday just did though. That's a little longer than mine did prior to the injector swap, probably 2/3 the time. After the injectors it's like maybe 1/5 the time of yours, something is still not 100% right on mine. Going to check timing next.

Yeah i suspect my fuel pump is struggling... i wouldn't think the injectors would be bad at 195k but who knows.
The OEM injectors on the vortec 454 were Rochester Multitech injectors, specific to these motors and they are flawed. Something internal fails and they leak down, it's super common with them even under 100k miles.

It's easy to put LS or Bosch injectors in their place though.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I didn't yesterday just did though. That's a little longer than mine did prior to the injector swap, probably 2/3 the time. After the injectors it's like maybe 1/5 the time of yours, something is still not 100% right on mine. Going to check timing next.

The OEM injectors on the vortec 454 were Rochester Multitech injectors, specific to these motors and they are flawed. Something internal fails and they leak down, it's super common with them even under 100k miles.

It's easy to put LS or Bosch injectors in their place though.

I also think my cats are plugging up

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Very common, i'd like to cut mine off in place for some high flow cats.. The State is really cracking down on no cats... hell my straight pipes have even got me in trouble..

:Get him!:
My dad says after driving the truck for awhile it hogs up and has no balls.... i was told the unburned gas from mu injectors along with the oil could plug up the cats and the unburned fuel makes them heat up... so im just gonna seperate the pipes and jam a bar threw the cats

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yeah I know I changed the fuel filter and coolant temp sensor today it runs a little better but still pops and spudders revving up and when you stomp on it from a stop it doesn't wanna shift outa first till you let off then it shifts throw all the gears fine