looking for rear lift options that dont use blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im in a jam here. The 10 bolt in my 98 2 door is about to take a crap on me, I have a Dana 60 that was in my fathers K5. All I need to do is cut off the shock mounts and spring perches and weld on new ones in the right locations so that it will bolt up into my truck. I am currently running 2" lift blocks with a torsion crank. I want to use the traditional style U bolts that wrap under the axles, not the ones GM used on these truck. Problem is, I cant find the U bolts in lengths I need. Most online vendors only carry them in 10" lengths and if I have no choice but to use the 2" blocks then I would need U bolts are at least 11.5" tall.

Im running 33s and dont ever plan on going taller.Its my DD. With that said, I wouldnt mind going with a 4" lift but I DO NOT want 4" lift blocks if I dont have to. What are my other options to get 4" of lift in the rear?

New leaf springs that offer 4" of lift using the stock shackle locations...

Use the ORD (Off Road Design) shackle kit.......http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/shacklekit.htm

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get some u bolts made?

I called a few local shops and no one can make them using 5/8" rod. I have a few places I found online tonight that I will try calling tomorrow and see what they say. Im still trying to decide what I want to do for a lift kit. I have a new custom front bumper coming in this month and I know that my front end will drop a little bit after installing it which will make my tire rub on the fender near the doors even worse so a lift will be needed in the near future. Im hoping the 10 bolt holds up until spring so I can do the suspension work just once but in case it dont, I need to make arrangements to get it installed now

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Add a leaf, new leafs, or shackle flip.

Or just order the complete U-bolt kit for 2" blocks through WFO Concepts.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
route 20 in shrewsbury mass place called spring rebuilders they will make any size u bolt you want. 470 Hartford Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA
(508) 845-6040

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Our Oreilly's carries them that are cut to length. They are like 2 feet long.

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used 2 " blocks and the U-Bolt Flip Kit from Offroad Design out of Colorado. They have a kit that works that's 11.5" I believe. http://offroaddesign.com
You must be registered for see images