LMC grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I need to replace the grille on my C1500 since I kinda backed into it with my other truck and f#&ked it up.

Question is: any of you ordered a LMC grille and had any fitment issues? Specifically the headlights/turn signal housing actually fitting in the grille?

I ordered a "OEM" grille from rockauto years ago and discovered that it was a generic Chinese copy, and the headlights/turn assemblies didn't fit in the grille. Wasn't something you could notice in the picture either.

I'd get one from the salvage yard but I'm having a hard time finding one that's not broken or sawzalled in half.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I'm not sure what company they were ordered from, but both my parts trucks have generic Chinese grills. (Not the complete surround of the Chevy emblem. No fitment issues otherwise. Stained chrome, but no fitment issues.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I need to replace the grille on my C1500 since I kinda backed into it with my other truck and f#&ked it up.

Question is: any of you ordered a LMC grille and had any fitment issues? Specifically the headlights/turn signal housing actually fitting in the grille?

I ordered a "OEM" grille from rockauto years ago and discovered that it was a generic Chinese copy, and the headlights/turn assemblies didn't fit in the grille. Wasn't something you could notice in the picture either.

I'd get one from the salvage yard but I'm having a hard time finding one that's not broken or sawzalled in half.
I’m gonna drag this thread back up. Did you end up getting the lmc grille and have any fitment issues with the oe lights or bow tie?

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I’m gonna drag this thread back up. Did you end up getting the lmc grille and have any fitment issues with the oe lights or bow tie?
No I didn't. I ended up finding a (93?) grille that was in decent condition at the salvage yard.

Not sure if I already uploaded a picture of it:

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Termite I got my 88-93 grille from LMC. The fitment is ok/decent. The gaps on the fender are more noticeable than OEM. It doesn’t mount to my core support in a couple spots. The chrome finish was bright but had some minor marring from shipment. @Orpedcrow got one from LMC for his ride. I think he would share a similar sentiment.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard of minor fitment issues with the LMC grilles,seems the issue is an alignment tab that needs minor modification. I've been looking at the grilles that Holley is offering and when I blew up the image it did have the recess for the emblem.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Termite I got my 88-93 grille from LMC. The fitment is ok/decent. The gaps on the fender are more noticeable than OEM. It doesn’t mount to my core support in a couple spots. The chrome finish was bright but had some minor marring from shipment. @Orpedcrow got one from LMC for his ride. I think he would share a similar sentiment.
Yea I’m not super happy with how mine fits. My dad bought it for my birthday, it’s supposed to be from Holley but the box and packing slip had zero Holley branding so there’s no telling where it came from. The chrome is nice and it’s sturdy but the fitment is not great.

The bumper, air dam, and bumper/grille spacer thing are from LMC and they all fit like garbage. I threw the spacer in the trash and reused my mismatched factory one.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard of minor fitment issues with the LMC grilles,seems the issue is an alignment tab that needs minor modification. I've been looking at the grilles that Holley is offering and when I blew up the image it did have the recess for the emblem.
Here’s mine

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s mine

Hmmm,not that great huh!
I wonder if you could pull the sides in by warming the plastic with a heat gun. Was that the only issue? Is that the Holley grille?

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm,not that great huh!
I wonder if you could pull the sides in by warming the plastic with a heat gun. Was that the only issue?
Yea It fits like that on both sides. I redrilled One upper screw hole so I could push the grille in further. Otherwise yes, only issue is the sides. The bottom snapped in nice and tight. All the other screw holes lined up pretty well. It’s thick, the chrome is nice and I’m pleasantly surprised by the graphite paint. It’s real tidy and no thin spots. And it’s painted on top, under the hood.