Lift with 265/75-16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
So my 98 has 265/75-16 BFG KM2 tires but it seems that the body and frame are so low to the ground (I come from a Jeep background so clearance was never an issue). I dont want a body lift because I think they look horrible and don't know if a suspension lift would make my tires look dinky. Has anyone lifted their truck with a 265/75-16 and thought it looked good? I'd love pictures too if you have them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
If it aint broke...

I'm probably not the person to give advice, as doing thing's merely for looks isn't really something I am a fan of.

A simple block and crank will probably make you happy.

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
I'm not really looking for the "looks" factor either I just don't want to high center on simple trails with washouts and stuff. I'm thinking crank and block may be perfect but it seems like I only have about 2" between the bumps and upper control arm on the front. I came from the Jeep world so I'm used to lots of clearance.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
In that case a block and crank isn't going to make much difference either, IDK what Jeep you had before, but now you have a 117" wheelbase. It'll take more than the little bit you can get from cranking to get it out of the dirt like a wiener dog.

I'd be more concerned with the shitastic torsion bar IFS's utter lack of articulation than anything.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Lift with some bigger tires not an option?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I was talking about 265s looking weird with a lift

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I was talking about 265s looking weird with a lift

That's why I'm confuzzled.. If he isn't having breakover issue now, he doesn't need to do anything. If he is, he need's a lift AND bigger tires. There's no real inbetween. A Block/crank with the same size tires, isn't going to help his breakover enough to matter.

Zach Hampton

Reaction score
Well I'm not having any issues as of yet and I probably won't in the future. I would go bigger tires and a lift but these tires still have about 80% tread left so I don't want to waste them. If I run into problems on my local trails I will definitely look into bigger tires. I had a 90wrangler with 7" and 35s so I was used to a couple-few feet under it. Never got close to high centering but I don't plan on going crazy with this truck anyway

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I, personally, would leave it as is. And wheel it as is, it'll let you know soon enough what it needs and what it's limits are.