Lift Tire Size Conundrum...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 3” body lift with 285/75/16, rims are off an early 2000s z71. No rub. When I put 305/75/16 they rub.

Reaction score
If you're not running a block what method did you use to lift the rear? I know ORD makes a shackle flip good for around 4".
Oh no I'm still rocking the rear RCX blocks but considering the shackle flip or custom rear leafs. Buddy of mine has the ORD kit and it definitely rides better on washed out service roads than mine.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with blocks. My Tundra has had em for 5-6 years, I tow, haul, use it as a truck with no issues. My Yukon is the same way. But if springs are getting weak, would be a good time to replace with a lifted set. DIY4X makes awesome stuff as well. I've used alot of their stuff, and most if not all for the SAS and flip kit for my Yukon.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
2013 GMC 1500. 6” ProComp lift, front crossmembers, spindles, etc. Fox shocks on rear. Rides and drives as good (better) than stock-more positive corner feel-change of roll center position. 35x12.50 20’s on 9” Fuel wheels. I bought the truck like this, haven’t measured backspacing. As others stated only a very slight rub (not sure where) when chassis is flexed hard. I don’t think wheels stick out too far due to spindles and I’m all about right stance. As for torsion bar keys I ran the Zone units on 3 of my new 2500’s with Duramax and it REALLY improves handling. You effectively increase the spring rate of torsion bars, but not so much as to make it ride harsh. It helps with the “nose heavy” feel of steering, again changing the roll center placement. Don’t make it more complicated than it is. As long as control arms and tie rods are parallel or close you won’t deal with any bump steer issues. The Zone keys will set arms and tie rods at increased angle, almost to the point of bump steer feedback. Best to just use those for leveling.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you, that’s very helpful!
Aftermarket keys usually do the trick without breaking the bank. I’m gonna get the SAS kit for my 93 2wd and hope it works great just need to find axles