Let's see those tinted windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
It's illigal to have any tint at all on the windshield and front windows here (eyebrow is okay) for safety reasons (you need to be able to have eyecontact with other drivers when needed).

So are there guidelines in your driver's manuals for how eye contact is to be used? Lol. Are sunglasses illegal too?

Gotta love lawmakers. Don't p!ss down by back and tell me it's raining.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
My 97 has 40% on the front two and 5% over the factory 20% on the back with a 5% brow. I really want to go darker on the from sides but that's what's legal in Louisiana.

You must be registered for see images attach

My 94 has 20% on the front sides and 5% over the rear 20%, with a 5% brow. I like it a lot more than the 40% on the 97.

nailhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gmc has 20% on the doors and 5% on the factory privacy glass in the rear.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So are there guidelines in your driver's manuals for how eye contact is to be used? Lol. Are sunglasses illegal too?

It really has nothing to do with eye contact and has everything to do with officer safety. Most states enacted window tint regulations in the late '80s after cops started getting shot when they were walking up on cars with blacked out windows and couldn't see someone pointing a gun at them.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
mine is electric blue

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score

Well no... I've been driving for almost 10 years and I still haven't figured out when I need to have eyecontact with anyone! The thing is, there is no law that says I have to have eyecontact with anyone, only that I and other drivers have to have the possibility... and no, sunglasses are not illegal. :)
It's a stupid law, does more harm than good IMO...

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
It really has nothing to do with eye contact and has everything to do with officer safety. Most states enacted window tint regulations in the late '80s after cops started getting shot when they were walking up on cars with blacked out windows and couldn't see someone pointing a gun at them.

Actually it doesn't, not over here. We have never had that kind of problem, guns aren't common here. We don't have the 2nd amendment, getting a licens is a 2 year process and starts with a permit to try and get a licens from the police. Sure we have criminals here too but in a lot smaller amount, they may have guns but cops being shot here is very rare, 30 officers has been shot and killed from 1900 'til 2015 to be exact, non were related to what you said.
The law here says you are not allowed to have tinted front windows and windshield because you need to be able to have eyecontact with and/or see each other.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't, not over here. We have never had that kind of problem, guns aren't common here. We don't have the 2nd amendment, getting a licens is a 2 year process and starts with a permit to try and get a licens from the police. Sure we have criminals here too but in a lot smaller amount, they may have guns but cops being shot here is very rare, 30 officers has been shot and killed from 1900 'til 2015 to be exact, non were related to what you said.
The law here says you are not allowed to have tinted front windows and windshield because you need to be able to have eyecontact with and/or see each other.

I didn't see you were from Sweden before, so that does make sense for your laws.