Let's see those amplifier installs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
One day when I save up the money, I'm thinking to do a full sound system install. I currently have new 4x6s on the C-pillar, 6.5s in the front doors, and a brand new Pioneer bluetooth/aux/cd deck, but it still doesn't sound as good as my STOCK '02 Impala with a factory amp, 2-6.5s and 2-6x9s. I'm thinking I need to install an amp, but if i do all that work I'll put 6.5 component speakers in all 4 doors, convert the 4x6s to 4" round speakers, and and install 2 - 8" shallow-mount subs underneath the rear seat. I used to be all Pioneer but my buddy got me hooked on Skar, so that's the speaker brand I'm sticking with. With that said, post pictures of your amp install!

Last edited:

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my old 97 GMT400 White Lightning Silverado under the rear seat pic ...

You must be registered for see images attach
Man u can spot ur truck a mile away man! Different user name from smd forum but I knew it was URS right away! Beautiful install

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And if u r running any kind of big power, stay off the rear wall, even with 1/2" mdf between amps and the metal it turns to jello and will destroy your amps! I moved mine to under the rear seat because of it, lucky I could repair my amp myself or I'd have been out another $350 on a replacement. But that's 4 8s on 3k tho. Probably be fine with 2 shallows and low power

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man u can spot ur truck a mile away man! Different user name from smd forum but I knew it was URS right away! Beautiful install
LOL Thanks man ... I was a Cable guy for many years. I had my name changed on SMD, but just never thought about it over here ...

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Everything still fits behind the seat fine? How warm are the amps getting back there?

I essentially have the exact same set up I'm putting in a MRV-M500 Mono, and a S-A32F 4channel with components.

I have not gotten into it yet just because the truck is in storage but are you mounted right through to the sheet metal?