LED's light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Thinking about getting some flush mount duallys or a light bar, do yall run those for fogs? Or are they to bright for oncoming traffic?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have a cheap 21" from Ebay and it's too bright to run as fog lights in traffic, but on a dark back roads it really helps a lot.

Holler10

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I bought 2 pods and mounted them right to the side of my front license plate holder. I use them instead of my headlights all the time and havent had an issue with cops at all! (Yet)

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I've never seen a light bar with enough control over the beam pattern to even be run around other traffic, much less create a pattern ideal for visibility. The beam should look like a gradient with most of the light at the top of the pattern and then a sharp cutoff. I've yet to see an LED bar achieve this and most of them are ~6000k which is far from ideal for a fog light. I'm curious to see the pattern on the DOT approved fogs but honestly don't expect much out of them.
Picture is my PIAA 520 fogs with 35w HIDs.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to run a light bar in a a fog light capacity (in regular traffic) most people here have blue/amber lense covers (or no cover) and then angle the bar down then you can leave it on without blinding people. Other wise I think it's best just to treat it like you do high beams and not expect a projector setup precision. Just aim it for how you want to use it.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got two Oracle 5" bars mounted in my bumper using for fogs. Love them, but I am also much lower than most of you are so they aren't so much in the face of other drivers.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
light bars should never be used on public roads, back roads and grids are awesome to use them though if no ones coming at you, ive had people come at me with 52" light bars on their roof and it will make you pull over and wait till your vision gets better.. most of the guys on the rigs are using light bars now too if their doing night jobs

21.5 inch light bar from amazon and 2 rigid duallys

driving with High beams on and the led light bars. bulbs are just sylvania zxe's