LED PARK LIGHT BULBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys when I first got my truck I put 1157 led bulbs and then I cut the power wire to the bulb harness so that they would only flash when I activated the turn lever switch. And in doing this I didn't have front park lights anymore but now I soldered back wires so that I can have park lights back. And now my leds light up but don't flash and the inside turn arrows stay on. So I went back to amber oem bulbs any ideas on why the leds don't work?? When I install bulb the right way in socket the led is very dim, but when I install the bulb the wrong way it lights up very bright. Either way I install bulbs the inside cluster turn arrows stay on and front leds wont flash. I really want white led park lights not a big fan of amber. Any help would be awesome. Oh yeah I cut the wire cause imo it looks cleaner at night when only the hid is lit up not have park bulbs on at same time. Heres how it looks
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can't remember if it's requirement of law in TX or not, or probably entire U.S. that the turn signals be amber. Only (easy) way you'll get white running lights and amber turns is with switchbacks.

Not sure what's going on with your current setup though. Now that you've hooked the wires back up...with the regular amber bulbs your signals act normally - flashing, and the indicators on the dash are OK too? Then when you put the LED's back in they don't flash? Wonder if during the time you've been running the LED's with the wire cut, one of the LED's went bad somehow. Try reintroducing them 1 at a time and see when it changes, try to isolate it to 1 bulb if possible.

Do you have load resistors installed? Stock flasher or LED flasher, or hacked flasher?

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ep29 flasher and yes when i installed oem bulbs everything works fine. No resisters and i think in Texas you can have either Amber or white. Leds worked when wire was cut when i would hit turn signal lever. But now that i have parking lights again they don't work. I ordered some more leds hopefully these work.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BUMP!!! Any one else with any info on this? Nobody has had the same problem? Thanks

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ground each bulb separately (led bulb) I've heard of them doing weird things when grounded they're ok

Live action!!

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet but i ordered new leds so waiting for them to come in to try them. How exactly would i go by grounding each bulb??

A_RYK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know if this may help but mine was acting strange like that and i rotated the led bulb 180 degrees and it fixed the problem. Maybe that may help.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks but i tried that already. It's weird cause when i connect them the right way they're not that bright but when i install wrong way they get real bright. Both ways the cluster arrows stay on. :(

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried grounding each bulb and still didn't work. Im frustrated already, so I just put back amber incandescent bulbs. Its weird cause when I had wire cut to make leds turn on when I hit turn lever left or right it would work. But it doesn't work for parking lights. Cant believe im really the only one with this problem. Ive seen gm400 on google with led park bulbs and they were just plug and play. WTF!!!Sucks!!!!:gr_guns: