LED lights stay on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finished installing LEDs in the interior got them under the dash, in the doors and the two over head lights, but with my lights off there on? Any ideas? Checked the switches for each door and none of them change this

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the doors closed there on but dim when you open them they get brighter

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked this up on google its a common issue with leds, switched out one of the under dash lights to a regular bulb and it works like it should

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. It's a very common issue with LEDs used in courtesy lights. It takes such a small amount of current to illuminate LEDs that sometimes the very small amount of current that is always travelling through the courtesy lights is just enough to dimly light the LEDs. Don't worry. It's not going to drain your battery. There's no more current there than with the incandescent bulbs.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. It's a very common issue with LEDs used in courtesy lights. It takes such a small amount of current to illuminate LEDs that sometimes the very small amount of current that is always travelling through the courtesy lights is just enough to dimly light the LEDs. Don't worry. It's not going to drain your battery. There's no more current there than with the incandescent bulbs.

Thanks, for the info, I love the way the leds look just not sure about having them dimly lit dont want to burn them out then again they should last for awhile

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have u tried rotating the bulb to reverse polarity? I had the same issue and it stopped after rotating them

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have u tried rotating the bulb to reverse polarity? I had the same issue and it stopped after rotating them

Nope never tried that, if you spin them the other way they wont woke they only work one way im pretty sure

biggiecamp

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I even picked up LEDs with two more diodes to install knowing that it was a minimal amount of current supply giving them the glow. Had to do some work under the hood which required disconnecting the battery. Since it's reconnection, the glow is gone. Most likely a fluke type thing but worth a shot. If the glow ever returns, I've always got the other LEDs to install anyways lol