LED HVAC Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've read up on the gauge cluster LED swap for 88-91 trucks (mine's a 90).

Wondering if there is a way to do the HVAC controls while I have it all apart. Do they make blue replacements at all for that areas as well?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I've read up on the gauge cluster LED swap for 88-91 trucks (mine's a 90).

Wondering if there is a way to do the HVAC controls while I have it all apart. Do they make blue replacements at all for that areas as well?

not sure about blue replacements... since the lens is green, everybody changes that lens to blue. i haven't done this YET, sorry i'm not much help.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right, your going to want to change the lens being the lights behind them are white/clear. Just pick up a piece of translucent acrylic in the color of choice. Then open up the HVAC unit, and dremel out the mounting points of the original green lens. Then epoxy or glue in the new lens!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I think i have some blue neo 3 bulbs for the hvac at the house if i do I can hook ya up with what you need. If not I can give ya link.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think i have some blue neo 3 bulbs for the hvac at the house if i do I can hook ya up with what you need. If not I can give ya link.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Awesome, thanks all. This was a huge help. I want to tackle this sometime very soon (moonies and HVAC)

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Pierced these are perfect, thanks! Could not find these anywhere... Maybe I just suck at searching.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres mine that i did.i also even did the ac light that turns on when you push it in.i changed them to the hyper white led's.i know its not the same year dash as yours but i would think it wouldnt be much different in doing it
You must be registered for see images attach

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great though. Looking forward to starting this hopefully sooner than later.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Looks great though. Looking forward to starting this hopefully sooner than later.

you mentioned the moonie cluster... they're easy.. one tip though:

take the cluster completely out to remove the gauges as you normally would..then set aside the white tube-like things that cover the bulbs for the turn signals (i think..). pull all the gauges, and then pull the 5 bulbs you're going to change... put the cluster back IN the dash with the connector inserted..then begin inserting the LEDs with the ignition key in the ON position with your park lights also turned ON...

I put my LEDs in and forgot about them being polarity sensitive..and got to take it all apart and flip some bulbs around..lol