LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Did mine the other day
You must be registered for see images attach

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
I think the front dif is a little hot in the shift diagram hahahaha. Looks awesome.

CrewCab Steve

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Yea lol. I shoulda left the green on it. I may try a smaller led I used the wled-5. I couldn't get a good pic of it but its really not that bad in person

Reaction score
I need some help, I have a 95 gmc 1500, and want red LEDs for my hvac, I know I will need 6 bulbs plus 2 if I want those other 2 buttons... Well I'm confused, would 74 t5 led bulb work?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have started a progressive led conversion on my truck. Here is the list of parts, where I have gotten them, and pics and info.

1997 z-71.

Cluster ordered from MOBS in white illumination only took 6 six 194 bulbs. Have yet to get indicators done but It's on the list. Truck wasn't running so the batt light is on. Pull the outer dash bezel unplug switch connectors unscrew the four 7mm bolts holding in the cluster and she slides out. Test the LEDs they only work on one polarity so you may have to turn a couple around. You will lose the dimmer functionality. It works on a resisted circuit but the LEDs run on less draw so extra resistors will need to be added to make the dimmer work properly. I just deal with full brightness for now. No hot spots with his lights. They are a 4 chip set up on a flat surface so they shine evenly.

Floor lamps from MOBS as well. 194 style in white. Took two bulbs in open sockets. They pop right out with some convincing. Also used the spare he provided for the glove box pop it open push the right side edge of the glove box in and it opens farther. Push the switch button in and slide the switch down and out. Open the metal cap pop the old bulb out.

Door courtesy lights. White. 10 for 10 eBay special find. 194 style. I put these in the door things . They aren't the best. At least one of the 5 chips flickers all the time in each bulb. They worked flawlessly for about a year so I can't complain. Can't remember exactly how to get these out without breaking the potato chip plastic and lenses. One side has clips the other slips behind the panel. I just did them when the panel was off for a different repair. Sorry no pic. I also put these bulbs in the lic plate lights and map lights in my self added overhead console 6 total used. Two went in the gf's car and I have two spares. They work ok for this but could be brighter. Will most likely go to MOBS to replace them when they take a crap on me.

Led smoked tail lights came from eBay. Be careful when you buy from ebay. There's alot of junk on there. My leds aren't stupid bright like I wish they would be. For $100 I can't really say much bad though. I got what I paid for. I would be more apt to go with TYC or some other reputable manufacturer and smoke them with lightly tinted clear coat. VHT night shades looks tacky and cheap to me. Reverse lights were a $50 pair from MOBS. WICKED bright. Awesome color and quality is unreal. I love these bulbs.
this was taken with flash on. Not kidding these bulbs are amazing. And with the black tinted clear coat the white stays white. Not green it yellow like with cheap tint or night shades gets you.

Left on my to do list will be:

Heater controls 4 blue illumination and two green for recirculating an a/c buttons. -MOBS

Headlight switch, push button 4x4, window and mirror controls in white - Truckin'

Candied red needles and red needle illumination on an esky cluster - Truckin'

Smoked acrylic Lund visor lenses with white 194 bulbs - MOBS

White led 4 corner leds. - Truckin'

Smoked headlights with white led glow retrofit - Truckin' if he goes for the idea.

Smoked parking lights with switchback leds. - MOBS if he does these. Or Truckin'

Dome led white from superbrightleds.

Rigid loop white maps from superbrightleds.

Led third brake without cargos - Truckin' when he gets it set up to sell.

The rest are all just ideas I have in my head that come and go and thus don't require mentioning just yet. Other than a white led bar under the back bench seat so you have rear floor illumination.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
ok so i didnt go through all 68 pages did anybody do this to a 92-94??? if so what do i need and how do i resent my needles???????????????????????>> please? :( i wanna do this mod