LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the exact years between 88-94 that were moonies and that were needles? Thanks.

Nevermind, I found out it's 88-91 are moonies, and 92-94 are needles.

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the exact years between 88-94 that were moonies and that were needles? Thanks.

Moonies were '88-'91. Needles began in the middle of the '91 model year, so needles would be '91-'94.

My truck is a '91 with moonies. I had a friend about 15 years ago with a '91 that had needles. That's when I first learned that there were 2 clusters in '91.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
Just ordered my LEDS for my gauges and floor shifter red in the gauges and floor shifter with green for engage of 4X4

AceH

Reaction score
So 95 gm pickups use twistlocks for the gauges but none of the interior lights use twistlocks. I found the 95 gm pickups they use 74-x led bulbs for the hvac controls similar to the wled-x leds used in the gauges they just look longer. I have a 95 gmc sierra ext. cab and i just ordered:

6 wled-x5 leds with 6 T10S-TW twist locks for my gauges.
8 wled-x6 leds for my interior as 1badgmc recommended me using apposed to the x5's as the x5's dont fit in the doors as well.
4 74-x bulbs for hvac as MIHELA used on his 95 hvac and recommended me to use.
1 4410-x9 44mm festoon led for my dome light as 1badgmc also recommended me to use.

All leds are "super white" in color. These parts were all ordered from superbrightleds.com. This gives me my 6 gauge lights, 4 hvac lights, 2 4x4 floor shifter lights, 2 courtesy lights, 2 door panel lights, 2 rear map lights and my dome light. this setup cost me about 85 dollars so far. I also read i will be charged an extra 25 bucks as i live in canada, so im looking at roughly 110 bucks. I will post before and after pictures. Thanks for everybodys help i wouldnt have been able to figure out which led's to go with if it werent for this forum!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
So 95 gm pickups use twistlocks for the gauges but none of the interior lights use twistlocks. I found the 95 gm pickups they use 74-x led bulbs for the hvac controls similar to the wled-x leds used in the gauges they just look longer. I have a 95 gmc sierra ext. cab and i just ordered:

6 wled-x5 leds with 6 T10S-TW twist locks for my gauges.
8 wled-x6 leds for my interior as 1badgmc recommended me using apposed to the x5's as the x5's dont fit in the doors as well.
4 74-x bulbs for hvac as MIHELA used on his 95 hvac and recommended me to use.
1 4410-x9 44mm festoon led for my dome light as 1badgmc also recommended me to use.

All leds are "super white" in color. These parts were all ordered from superbrightleds.com. This gives me my 6 gauge lights, 4 hvac lights, 2 4x4 floor shifter lights, 2 courtesy lights, 2 door panel lights, 2 rear map lights and my dome light. this setup cost me about 85 dollars so far. I also read i will be charged an extra 25 bucks as i live in canada, so im looking at roughly 110 bucks. I will post before and after pictures. Thanks for everybodys help i wouldnt have been able to figure out which led's to go with if it werent for this forum!

Those T10S-TW twistlocks are not the correct twistlocks for our trucks. They're not designed correctly and the contacts go past the copper contact paths when twisted to lock. They're correct for 09-12 Chinese military jeeps built by Chrysler.

I'm surprised you didn't get (6) 74-x bulbs for your hvac, (4) in one color and (2) in another.

Remember to post pics when you get them installed....also, that $25 s/h to canada is BS, it shouldn't have cost more than 5-10 bucks to ship to you.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hey man, will I need the 90 degree or 180 degree. Does it matter?

180 degree will meld the light together more smoothly and give off a more even glow of light than a smaller rating........smaller ratings might appear brighter, but are more susceptible to hot spots/glare.